So I've been giving this a lot of thought...
Why would the United States make a bad deal with Iran?
- Where Iran gets to keep their nuke infrastructure.
- Where they get restrictions for a mere 10-15 years and then presumably get the coveted BOMB.
- Where "managed access" for inspections has a ridiculous 24 days waiting time.
- Where the arms and ballistic missile embargo is lifted.
- Where Iran gets a windfall of $150 billion released to them for which they acknowledge they will tap for use to support terror worldwide.
- Where Iran's leadership continues to chant "Death To America," burn our flag and President in effigy, hold Americans hostage, threaten us, and insist that their hatred and fight against us will go on.
Are we going crazy?
No, there is actually a rational reason for all this.
So what's the reason--let me explain from my simple-minded thinking about all this (follow carefully)?
Iran is a Shiite nation.
Shiite's make up only a small percentage of the Islamic world around 15% (or 200 million).
However, the Sunnis make up the other 1 billion Muslims.
The Sunnis are moving through terrorist movements such as ISIS, Al Qaeda, Boko Haram, Hamas and more to create a Sunni Caliphate throughout the Middle East and North Africa (and maybe beyond).
The Western world fears the terror and destruction that can come about from a Sunni Caliphate.
Also, on 9/11, The U.S. was attacked by Al Qaeda (Sunnis) and where 15 of the 19 hijackers were from Saudi Arabia (a Sunni Country).
The answer is the enemy of my enemy is my friend...Iran.
Iran is the largest Shiite Country with it's own ambitions for a Shiite Caliphate.
Arming and funding Iran is a bulwark against the predominant Sunnis and their ambitions for power and hegemony.
Notably, guess what? Iraq is another country with a large Shiite population, like Iran.
Hence, this is why the U.S. went into Iraq to dethrone Saddam Hussein, a Sunni, who was holding power over the Shiite population--now the Shiites there are in power.
Voila, Shiites in Iran and neighboring Iraq empowered to fight Sunnis.
They mostly terrorize and murder each other instead of seriously battling the West.
Since 9/11, there has not been a major terrorist attack on the U.S.
And if Iran is on the road to the Bomb, and this sparks a nuclear arms race in the Middle East with Saudi Arabia etc., perhaps the thinking...maybe that's not such a bad thing after all.
Unfortunately, Israel who is threatened by a nuclear-armed Iran who explicitly wants to "annihilate" them is caught in the middle of all this.
But the West is more concerned with the Sunnis and Shiites battling it out, then with the fate of Israel, who we figure can be placated with some "compensation" armaments to protect themselves.
But is that enough for a country where one nuclear missile hit can mean a second Holocaust?
I am not a conspiracy theorist and never have been.
But this seems too easy. ;-)
(All Opinions My Own)
(Source Photo: Andy Blumenthal)