Going on 13 years since 9/11...
- Ukraine invaded by Russia seeking to annex Crimea
- Malaysia Airline with 239 aboard missing and still a mystery
- Sochi, suspected hijacker tries to divert plane, F-16s scrambled
- Syria aided by Hezbollah fighters, estimates of more than 150,000 dead
- Iran ships medium range missiles to Hamas in the Gaza Strip
- Iraq Suicide bombing a somewhat regular occurrence
- Pakistan death toll in war on terror estimated at 49,000
- Saudi Arabia concerned about Muslim Brotherhood and
- Lebanon, twin suicide car bombings in capital
- Egypt, terror attack on tourist bus in Red Sea resort
- Somalia, car bombing at national intelligence headquarters
- North Korea accused by South of "reign of terror"
Where are we in the war on terror--are we really any safer?
All opinions my own.
(Source Photo: Andy Blumenthal)