Some thoughts today on what is wisdom:
- Knowing you know nothing--and you can prove it (ah, humility)!
- Knowing when to ask--like the infamous directions when you're lost or how to use the latest new technology.
- Learning from all others (everyone has something they can teach us).
- Wisdom = Knowledge + Experience (you've gotten an inkling about some truth out there, and you've had a chance to test it out).
- Seeing that people's outer bodies are just the superficial, material cover for their inner souls.
- Realizing that doing for others is so much more rewarding than doing for ourselves.
- Following the great truths of morality and responsibility.
- Keen awareness that we are not alone in the universe--G-d is everywhere.
(Source Graphic: Andy Blumenthal)