"If you had $20 million dollars and could do whatever you want (be whoever you want), what would that be?"
I was on the spot a little and didn't have time to introspect the way I like to do, and I gave an answer that I really wasn't happy with...and it's been bothering me since.
So sitting down now and really thinking about who I want to be--this is my real answer:
As a composite person, I want to have the:
- Lovingkindness of Mother Teresa
- Serenity of the Dalai Lama
- Spirituality of Moses
- Determination of Rocky
- Leadership of Rick Grimes
- Strength of Samson
- Agility of Bruce Lee
- Intellect of Sigmund Freud
- Understanding of Albert Einstein
- Ingenuity of Steve Jobs
- Inquisitiveness of Capt. James T. Kirk
- Bravery of those martyred in the Holocaust
- Heroism of Prime Minister Bibi Netanyahu
- Beauty of my wife and daughters
- The integrity of my dear father, Fred Blumenthal
What would I want to do--just simple things like:
- Cure Cancer, Parkinsons, ALS, etc.
- Eliminate poverty
- Herald in world peace
- Help/comfort those that are hurt and suffering
- Make people smile/happy
- Be a good person with integrity in all situations
I could probably go on and on, but generally this is what life means to me.
Maybe today, I ain't the smartest or fastest or strongest, but I have dreams, hopes, and aspirations.
If that isn't good enough, well at least I have a heart and a soul. ;-)
(Source Photo: Dannielle Blumenthal)