This bird was something special.
I couldn't help admiring his amazingly blue feathers punctuated by the yellow around his smart eyes
He wasn't the only beautiful animal or flower that we saw there, there were many.
They all just left me in wonderment at the unbelievable beauty that G-d created for us in this world.
No one is going to tell me this is all random by evolution, and that there is not a profoundly wise and all-knowing Maker behind it.
Perhaps, we never really left the physical Garden of Eden, but being expelled from there meant more of a mentality where we have to work and fight hard to keep it all pristine.
Mankind's inclination is to take and use abundantly almost without thought as to the sustainability of his actions.
- Cities expand and encroach on natural rural areas.
- G-d's beautiful creatures are in retreat and often in danger of extinction.
- Resources are used willy nilly as we dig and dig, chop and chop, and burn and burn.
- Garbage is expelled and piles up virtually anywhere and everywhere.
- Pollution fills the land, air, and waterways.
Eden is still here, but people must act more like angels and less like snakes if G-d gracious gifts to us are to survive. ;-)
(Source Photo: Andy Blumenthal)