So Bloomberg Businessweek has a really funny article about all the wealthy people that need to go see shrinks.
Get this--overall wealthy people are cursed with "Affluenza" (not influenza silly) and have "elevated levels of depression, anxiety, psychosomatic issues (physical symptoms from stress), and self-mutilation."
Some specific reasons they go for mental health help:
- Why Me--A trying issue to deal with is their guilt feelings about being so darn rich, while others are starving, homeless, and can't make ends meet.
- Feeling A Little Lonely (And Hated)--They can't help thinking that perhaps people only like them for their money.
- Aimless In Life--What's the purpose of their lives if they are living on easy street, don't have to work, and can buy their way out of trouble.
- Money To Mess You Up--Some people have so much money, they can squander it on bad investments, but also on alcohol, drugs, sex, and so on.
- Fear Of Losing It All--Terrible thing about having so much money is you have to worry about losing so much money.
So next time you are thinking about protesting against the top .1% who have as much as the bottom 90%, have a heart because the wealthy have a lot of problems too. ;-)