There is the old saying that "If the shoe fits, wear it" or as this holiday shopping sign says, "Buy it!
I know everyone has their personal filters through which they see the world--many of these come from family, friends, community, teachers, religion, personal experiences, or even innate personality.
One thing that I think many people are struggling with these days with politics is what possible filters are guiding many concerning policies of our country resulting in:
- The tepid response to terror attacks on this country as well as in Paris, London, and Jerusalem.
- The clamping down on free speech in the wake of terror.
- The lax immigration checks on refugees.
- The dangerous spread of ISIS after the withdrawal from Iraq.
- The disappearing red line in Syria.
- The emboldening Iranian nuke deal.
- The bias perceived against friend and ally, Israel.
- The unbriddled Russian resurgence.
- The lumbering pivot to address Chinese militarization.
We are living in chaotic world times, and we need strong hands on the rudder to safeguard the people and future of the country--for that we need to understand where politics and politicians are coming from that may be leading to either sound or compromised decisions and the resulting return and risk to the fate of us all. ;-)
(Source Photo: Andy Blumenthal)