Despite the enlightenment of everything technology has to offer, we are as a global society, in many senses, living back in the Dark Ages again.
Unbelievable terror and killings have become routine and yet we have become deaf and desensitized to it.
- Using chemical weapons...what red line?
- Dropping barrel bombs...heck, at least it's not more chemical weapons.
- Besieging of cities...how about a short truce to let in some much needed humanitarian aid?
- Beheadings on YouTube...already so cliche.
- Burning people alive in cages or crucifying them...grotesque, but what were they doing there anyway?
- Stoning women for being victims of rape or simply for some trumped up charges...sluts, they must've deserved it!
- Mass abductions, selling, enslavement, and gang rape of women and children...nice photo op for Bring Our Daughters Home.
- Raining missiles down on cities and digging terror tunnels under borders...well their aim isn't so good and the tunnels took them a lot of hard work.
- Bombing and shooting up pizzerias, cafes, clubs, hotels, stores, buses, weddings, funerals, and houses of worship...what can you do--it's a cycle of violence!
- Hacking off limbs, axing and stabbing attacks... of course, a legitimate airing of grievances.
- Flying airplanes into skyscrapers...it was a plot for the Crusaders to invade our lands.
- Building nukes and other weapons of mass destruction along with ballistic missiles, drones, and suitcase bombs to deliver the payload...well, you can't put the knowledge back in the bottle!
More excuses from the political peanut gallery:
Are we just war-weary, being lazy, fearful, hiding out and putting our heads in the sand for a while, focused on other pressing domestic issues, pivoting east, in need of a better strategy, rooting for and helping the other (wrong/evil) side, a little delusional as to our own national and homeland security here, or perhaps, have some seriously gone off the (rational) deep end?
Appeasement, disengagement, and withdrawal...vice leadership.
How do we explain this type of insane, immoral world to our children and is this really the type of sick and treacherous world we want to leave to them?
Oh yes, it's so comfortable and cushy where we are--there is nothing for us to worry about--or is there? ;-)
(Source Photo: Facebook)