Who us panic?
- ISIS is threatening the West with "dangerous new extremism"
- Syria's death toll tops 170,000 with more than 10,000 believed tortured to death.
- Boko Haram is still abducting young girls (and boys).
- Iran says no deal on nukes.
- Ebola is "out of control."
- China is emergent as the U.S. pivots east and space becomes militarized with anti-satellite weapons.
- Russia is resurgent (Crimea is history to Ukraine).
- The national deficit only hints at the true extent of our unfunded liabilities from entitelements.
- The economy is bubbling over the top again, warns Robert Shiller.
- Racial and income inequality continues to divide America (case in point, Ferguson MO).
- Nearly 1 in 3 American adults has an arrest record.
- Almost half the world--3 billion people--live in poverty on less then $2.50 a day.
Ah, if only technology could solve all our global problems--and this is a big list and not by any means comprehensive.
It's a race of the "world is exploding all over" with technology trying to make it better with more and better information, innovation, productivity, security, and cures.
Almost like the war of good over evil--we may lose the battle, but hopefully (let's pray) in the end, we will win the war. ;-)
(Source Photo: Andy Blumenthal)