Five communication lessons I had reinforced from this:
- Be direct--he is right to the point...he plays, you pay--that's the deal.
- Be clear--the writing is large, the letters are distinct, and easy to read...you get it!
- Be concise--the message fits on a small cardboard...no rambling placards, just the message next to the guitar case for collecting the money.
- Be purposeful--he states the reason for his being there right up front...he's hungry and is willing to work for it!
- Be courteous--he ends with a nice thank you that is set off to the side in script.
If his playing is half as good as his message...he's earned his meal. ;-)
(Source Photo: Andy Blumenthal)