[Pictured from Left Kevin Brownstein, McAfee; Andy Blumenthal, ATF; John Landwehr, Adobe; Jack Holt, DoD]
Today, I participated on behalf of my agency at the Adobe Government Assembly: Engage America on a panel for mobility solutions.
I shared the lessons learned from our experience and pilot of mobile devices, including:
1) Be prepared to give the end users as many apps as possible—they want it all just like on their desktops.
2) In mobile devices, size and resolution matters. Although people like miniaturized devices, they want the display of the information and graphics to be clear and visible.
3) Users did not like using a stylus for navigation.
4) Users in the field don’t have time or patience to decipher complicated instruction guides—it’s got to be intuitive!
5) While security is critical, usability is key and it’s a balancing act.